The Parks Department is responsible for the maintenance of town grounds, flower beds, cemeteries and numerous other highly visible public areas that are enjoyed by our residents and visitors. The Parks crew decorates the Town during the holiday seasons, including hanging lights, streamers and banners in the village and setting up and preparing for special Town events. The Parks Department also provides assistance setting up and dismantling equipment during elections.
The Parks Department assists in roadside maintenance, including, pruning, mowing, brushing, etc.
The Parks Department performs a variety of other DPW functions responding to emergency calls regarding public safety, tree and road issues, and any storm related activities including snow and ice removal.
Traffic Island Beautification Program
The Town of Sandwich's annual Traffic Island Beautification Program has locations available for sponsorship. This public/private partnership has a positive impact on improving the aesthetics of Sandwich roads and provides sponsor exposure. Contact program coordinator Kaethe Maguire to find out more about this program and location availability.
- Main St (Rt 130) at Pine St
- Town Neck Rd at Dexter Rd
- Rt 6A at Tupper Rd (N of Rt 6A)
- Rt 6A at Tupper Rd (S side of Rt 6A)
- Water St (Rt 130) at Main St
- Pine St Planter Barrels (across from Academy Rd)
- Jarves St Historic RR Depot
- Rt 6A at Mill Creek Bridge Box Planters
- Rt 6A (188 - 126)
- Rt 6A (126)
- Rt 6A at Main St Planter Barrels
- Old Main St Green
- Rt 6A at Charles St
- Rt 6A at Quaker Meetinghouse Rd
- Rt 6A at Old County Rd
- Rt 6A at Jones Rd
- Rt 6A at Sandy Neck Rd
- Quaker Meetinghouse Rd at Cotuit Rd (SW of Cotuit Rd)
- Quaker Meetinghouse Rd at Cotuit Rd (NE of Cotuit Rd)
- Rt 130 at Quaker Meetinghouse Rd
- Rt 130 at Bill Richards Dr
- Rt 130 at Jan Sebastian Dr
- Rt 130 at Snake Pond Rd
- Rt 130 at Falmouth / Sandwich Rd
- Farmersville Rd at Great Hill Rd
- Race Ln at Newtown Rd
- Cotuit Rd at Boardley Rd
- S Sandwich Roundabout, (Available For Sponsorship)