DPW - ENGINEERING
DPW - HIGHWAY & PARKS
DPW - TOWN CEMETERY
DPW - TRANSFER STATION
DPW - TREE WARDEN
DPW - TREE WARDEN
HOME > PUBLIC WORKS > DPW - TREE WARDEN
DPW - Tree Warden
Massachusetts Certified Arborist # 2258
Massachusetts Certified Landscape Professional l #1429
Massachusetts Pesticide License #25776
500 Route 130
Sandwich MA 02563
Phone: (508) 833-8002
FAX: (508) 833-8011
Monday-Friday: 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
• Responsible for the administrative and manual work as required for the care, preservation, maintenance, inventory, control and assessment of all public trees within the Town of Sandwich.
• Performs and supervises other related arborist duties including insect and pest control. Inspect and remove hazardous trees and limbs in the public right of way. Plant and transplant trees in the public right of way and oversee all after-care.
• Implement and manage a public shade tree program.
• Tree Warden assists in roadside maintenance and supervision, including pruning and mowing.
• Writes grant applications for horticultural and landscape preservation and enhancement and implements the grant.
• Advises the Planning Board regarding tree issues on scenic roads
• Holds public hearings involving trees in the town layout
• Performs a variety of other DPW functions including, but not limited to emergency response related to public safety, various tree and road issues and any storm related activities such as snow and ice removal.
• Works with appropriate private utility companies regarding hazardous trees near overhead wires and pruning management plans.
• Utility Companies (Public can contact below companies about specific private utility issues related to trees):
• Eversource (1-800-592-2000)
• Verizon (1-800-837-4966)
• Comcast (1-888-840-5735)