COVID-19 Reopening Resources
As we work together as a Town, region and country to re-open our communities safely and effectively, we will offer guidance here for our businesses and citizens to better understand the current status of re-opening as well as provide guidelines to ensure we continue on a safe and common path together.
On May 18 the Baker-Polito Administration announced a comprehensive plan to safely reopen the Massachusetts economy, get people back to work, and ease social restrictions while minimizing the health impacts of COVID-19.
- Visit the Mass Webpage: https://www.mass.gov/info-details/reopening-massachusetts
- View the full report: https://www.mass.gov/doc/reopening-massachusetts-may-18-2020/download
- Guidance for specific business sectors: https://www.mass.gov/info-details/reopening-when-can-my-business-reopen
Business Requirements for Re-Opening
Information to help businesses meet the self-certification requirement to reopen. All businesses must meet these requirements before reopening. Businesses operating to provide Essential Services, as defined in the Governor’s March 23, 2020 Executive Order, updated on March 31, April 28 and May 15, may remain open and have until May 25, 2020 to comply with these mandatory safety standards.
- All businesses and activities, as they reopen, must meet mandatory minimum safety standards.
- Massachusetts businesses must develop a written control plan outlining how its workplace will comply with the mandatory safety standards for operation in the COVID-19 reopening period. This template may be filled out to meet that requirement. Control plans do not need to be submitted for approval but must be kept on premise and made available in the case of an inspection or outbreak.
- Customer facing businesses are required to print, sign, and post the compliance attestation poster in an area within the business premises that is visible to workers and visitors.
- Posters must be displayed within the business premises to describe the rules for maintaining social distancing, hygiene protocols, and cleaning/disinfecting.
Other Re-Opening Resources
- Mass Essential Services FAQs
- Information on the State’s Re-Opening Advisory Board and how to submit comments to them
- Information on the Barnstable County Re-Opening Task Force and how to submit comments to them
- Details on the State’s four-phase re-opening approach
- Mandatory Safety Standards for Workplaces
- CDC Worker Safety and Support Guidance
- COVID-19 Regulations Enforcement Guidance
- Cape Cod Reopening Task Force Statement Regarding Summer 2020