The Natural Resources Department has the following responsibilities:
- Administers the daily workload of the Conservation Commission
- Enforcing the Town Wetlands Bylaw, Wetlands Protection Act
- Shellfish management
- Alewife (herring) run development and management
- Oil spill response
- Enforcing other environmental laws and regulations including:
- Animal control
The following publications are available at the Natural Resources Department:
- "Town of Sandwich Conservation Lands Map (currently out of print)"
- "Sandwich - A Guide to the Wetland Protection Act"
- "Town of Sandwich Conservation and Recreation Land - Trail Map"
- "Sea Lavender"
- "Shellfishing on Cape Cod"
- "Massachusetts Shellfish Officers Association"