FY '21 Fees
StickersTransfer Station Stickers are sold at the:
Tax Collector’s Office
Town Hall Annex
145 Main Street
Sandwich, MA 02563
Tax Collector's Hours
Saturday - Sunday
8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
8:30 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Wednesday - Friday
8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
For Questions pertaining to sticker sales, please call the Tax Collector’s Office at (508) 833-8012
Online Sticker Purchase
Transfer Station stickers can be purchased electronically by completing the Online Transaction Form.
A copy of the vehicle registration indicating a Town of Sandwich address is required to obtain a Transfer Station sticker. If the vehicle is not registered in Sandwich, the person to whom the vehicle is registered must be listed on a Town of Sandwich Real Estate tax bill or listed on the town census. Transfer Station stickers are Town property. Any violation of Transfer Station rules may result in loss of sticker. Once issued, Transfer Station Stickers are non-refundable.
Note: The Town is not responsible for typographical errors.
- Residential, 1st Sticker: $80.00
- Residential, 2nd or 3rd Sticker (Vehicle registration address must match 1st sticker): $20.00
Vehicles with commercial license plates or a business or commercial enterprise located in Sandwich must possess a Commercial Sticker in order to use the Transfer Station.
Commercial stickers are required for disposal of commercial waste at the Transfer Station. Commercial waste stickers can only be purchased by a resident or non-resident owner of a business or commercial enterprise located in Sandwich. Commercial waste will be defined as all non-hazardous waste generated by a business or commercial enterprise located in Sandwich. All waste must have been generated in Sandwich. Commercial waste includes refuse created following landscaping or services performed in exchange for payment on a residential property, provided the individual undertaking the work is not the homeowner.
If the commercial waste created derives from one or more of the following processes, a Commercial Transfer Station Sticker is required:
- Waste from rented properties collected by a landlord, their letting agent or trash contractor.
- Waste collected from a residential property by a commercial organization in exchange for payment.
- Waste from a residential property brought to the Transfer Station by anyone other than the sticker holder(s) of the household.
- Waste from home-based business activities such as accountancy, consulting, day care, hairdressing, etc.
- Commercial, Each Sticker: $150.00
One Trip Transfer Station Pass
Only Household trash in Pay-As-You-Throw trash bags & Everyday household recyclables can be disposed using a One Trip Transfer Station Pass. All other items require a Transfer Station Sticker.
- One Trip Transfer Station Pass: $10.00
Pay-As-You-Throw BagsPay-As-You-Throw (PAYT) trash bags are required to dispose trash. PAYT bags are available at local retailers in packages of 5. Please call for availability.Note: Bag fees subject to change at any time.
Non-Routine ItemsThe following prices are per item:
- Chlorofluorocarbon/freon appliance (Air conditioner, dehumidifier, refrigerator, etc.): $20.00
- Computer (Laptop or CPU): $10.00
- Furniture & throw rugs (Wall to wall carpet or padding not accepted): $10.00
- Any size mattress or box spring (Recyclable condition): $30.00
- Any size mattress or box spring (Non-recyclable condition): $50.00
- Empty propane tanks (Tanks larger than 20 pounds not accepted): $10.00
- Rimless tires (Passenger vehicles and light-duty trucks only, other types not accepted): $10.00
- TV or monitor (Cathode ray tube & flat panel): $20.00
- White goods (Stove, dishwashers, clothes washers & dryers, etc.): $10.00