Effective Immediately - to promote social distancing the Town of Sandwich has adopted an Interim Policy for Town Activities. The Town of Sandwich will operate in alignment with Governor Baker’s guidance in his Executive Order(s) intended to slow the spread of the coronavirus in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Regular business operations of the Town of Sandwich will continue.
- There will be no meetings, gatherings or special events of over 250 participants or more.
- The Town Moderator has postponed the March 23, 2020 Special Town Meeting to April 13, 2020.
- Group programming inviting the public to Town facilities including Council on Aging Programs, Recreation and Library Programs and any other similar programs are cancelled for period of two-weeks.
- Business Meetings for Regulatory, Financial and Executive Boards and Committees will continue at the discretion of the Chair. All other committee and commission meetings are cancelled for a period of two (2) weeks.
George H. Dunham, Town Manager & Town of Sandwich COVID 19 Command Team - March 13, 2020
Governor Baker’s State of Emergency Declaration and Executive Branch Guidance: https://www.mass.gov/news/governor-baker-declares-state-of-emergency-to-support-commonwealths-response-to-coronavirus